Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Blog Spam


I know exactly zero people read my blog, except for the 15 or 20 that came for the rant on Mike Krzyzewski. Hell, I haven't even updated the thing in months.

But my buddy K-Nine, who has a great blog, gets seemingly all kinds of traffic and monitors it some. So, imagine my surprise when I checked the comments section. I mean, I think the stuff I have written is good, and timely, so I thought maybe someone had been seaching blogs and found it.

No such luck. I have... blog spam.

What the hell is that all about?

I mean, my old e-mail addresses are ridiculous. I have my very first e-mail address, which I keep active because I am too lazy to update my Southwest Airlines specials e-mails. I get, say, 1000 e-mails a week and probably 5-10 of them are legit. The rest are spam, from when you used your e-mail address for everything and when you thought "click here to unsubscribe" really unsubscribed you.

But how much time do people have on their hands to promote blog spam? And, from the arena of the marketplace, does it really work? I mean, are millions of people buying Cialli$ (so the spam filter doesn't catch it) from anonymous, unsolicited e-mails?

Welcome to the blogosphere - I now have blog spam. Ain't that something?

1 comment:

K-nine said...

Spam, spam, spam, spam...

Hiya Doc! Thanks for the praise. Love the site...

Yeah, there's little more agitating than writing a nice piece, something you can be proud of, and the first comment is
"Meet sexy adults in your area- click here" or
"Auto Insurance for less"

Hell, I still get spam FAXES at work.